CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

To Prince Liam



Some of you know that at the end of next month I will run my first 5k for the Livestrong Challenge.

The childhood of Liam Witt came to a sudden halt when his family learned he had neuroblastoma, a rare cancer of the nervous system. From February of 2007 to February of 2008 he had endured countless scans, an 11 1/2-hour surgery, 14 sessions of radiation, five rounds of chemotherapy, and a series of antibody treatments.

He just turned 4 years old.

Liam has inspired me in many ways, what a strong, young individual. I have decided that I will dedicate my race to him. I am already training but he is on my mind and when I receive my yellow shirt for the race I will write "For The Mighty Prince Liam" on it as he will inspire me to try my hardest!

My race and my fight against cancer will be dedicated to Liam.

0 comments: